Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software have truly changed the face of healthcare industry. They are no longer simple computer software simplifying the practitioners’ daily tasks but have come of age to work as more advanced means to deliver better healthcare. They are now also equipped with Patient Portals to let the patients take more control of their own health. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits EMR integrated Patient Portals are offering.
1. Health Information Exchange (HIE): A very useful benefit of Patient Portals is that they allow for a convenient exchange of health information which was otherwise not possible with older systems. A patient’s key stats can be shown to him/her through the portal in a more meaningful way than ever before. It saves a lot of time and cost for the practice as well.
2. Patient engagement: According to a survey, patients are now taking more control over their medical procedures than ever before. Patient Portals are another way of helping the practice engage patients in a better way.
3. Renewing medications: Patients can now easily renew their prescriptions and ask for additional medications if needed through a Patient Portal.
4. Receiving specific lab test results: Patients are also able to view specific lab test results with the help of their Patient Portals.
5. Scheduling appointments: In addition to the above, the patients can now also schedule meetings with their physicians through their portal.
6. Better patient care: With the help of Patient Portals, delivery of better patient care is made possible than ever before. Physicians can engage patients better, which ultimately leads to better patient care.
7. Alerts to patients: Physicians are now also using Patient Portals to send alerts of any health-related information to the patients.
8. Statements: Patients can also view all of their reports, data, personal details and other information related to them in a more interactive and summarized way.
These were a few benefits of EMR integrated Patient Portals which have now become a standard for all EMR vendors present in the market.